Thursday, June 19, 2008

Roatan Adventures




You're going where? That was the question we were asked, but not because people were surprised that we were going, but because they had no idea where Roatan is. Located about 35 miles off the coast of mainland Honduras lies this beautiful island and the people of Roatan. Our destination was the Sandy Bay area and ultimately the Colonia. We arrived at the airport and were met by Henry and Frances, the missionaries of Living Water for Roatan. We packed in several vehicles and headed to our "home" for the week, the Mission Inn, owned and opporated by the Laird family. We got settled in the inn and were able to take in the sights and sounds around us. We unpacked all the materials we brought with us for ministry and had dinner. We were all excited about whatever the Lord had in store for each of us and I couldn't wait to see what God was going to do with the youth. Here you can see the gate at the Mission Inn and some of the kids at dinner.

2 comments:

The Fitzgerald's said...

I'm (Meg) very impressed with your blog. I'm so excited! This will be much easier than email. WELCOME TO CYBER SPACE!!!

Unknown said...

Hey,
I'm Dani. My mom has the homeschooling umbrella. I love blogging and my mom told me you had one so I thought I would check it out. I plan to keep reading! :)

~Dani