Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Backtracking




FYI: The first photo is Aaron in 2004 just after he started his chemo treatments. The second photo was taken last year at Papa and Mimi's pond.
For those of you who aren't familiar with our family. Aaron, our son in the videos, was diagnosed with ALL leukemia in 2004. He was 6 years old at the time and went through three years of chemotherapy treatments. He is now in remission and shows no signs of cancer.
PTL!!!!!! We know that God chose to heal Aaron on this earth and believe that God has plans for Aaron that we can't even imagine or dream of right now. Aaron is truly my hero!! I prayed so many times that God would take the cancer from Aaron and give it to me, but every time God's answer was, "No, dear, you are not strong enough. This is Aaron's battle. I'm right here with him and I know what's going on." Every time I look at Aaron, I am reminded just how powerful our God is and how much He loves us.

For those of you facing challenges in this life, know that God really does know what's going on and He really is right here. We may not understand all the whys and hows and other questions on our hearts, but our family will testify everytime...There is nothing our God can not do!

Proverbs 3:5-6, John 3:16, Jeremiah 29:11-13, Proverbs 17:22

3 comments:

The Fitzgerald's said...

There were many time when I thought why him Lord, i'll take his sickness for him!! But looking back and having wanted to to die during pregnancy, I realize God chose the right man for the job....he is my hero too!!

The Fitzgerald's said...

I tried for a little while tonight to reteach myself how to add captions under pics and then write your blog but i can't remember. Maybe some pages are automaticly set that way.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this. I know that it's an awesome feeling to know that God is in control of everything. It's a peace that passes all understanding. Our God is great! This post was encouraging.

~Dani